Launching Your First MySQL DB System
Step 1 - Pre-requisites
1. 1. Create
a compartment and
user group to
organize the resources and access. In this example, we create a compartment
a group MySQL_Test_Group. Log-in the Console as
under the Identity menu, create a
MySQL_Sandbox compartment, and
the OCI user you will use to work with MySQL Database Service to the group.
the required MySQL Database Service policies (Identity
menu). In our example, if your user is in the group
you want to restrict your MySQL DB Systems to the compartment
the following policy statements:
a. create a Virtual Cloud Network (VCN). Just click on the "Start VCN Wizard" button, choose "VCN with Internet Connectivity", give a name, confirm the compartment, keep the default CIDR blocks (10.0.0.0/16, 10.0.0.0/24, 10.0.1.0/24) and DNS Resolution options, then click the buttons "Next", and finally "Create".
Step 2 - Create a MySQL DB System
1. Using the Console, select the menu Database > MySQL > DB Systems > Create MySQL DB System.
your DB System preferences, ensuring you choose the compartment where your
VCN and Subnets are configured from the pre-requisites. Give your DB System a
name, select the Availability Domain and Fault Domain you want to place your DB
System. Then you can choose a configuration, as the
define the Storage Size and click the "Next" button.
1. You will now provide the Database information: MySQL Administrator credentials, and confirm where the network information, and click "Next".
1. Finally, just confirm if you want to enable Automatic Backups and click "Create".
1. Your new MySQL DB System will be ready to use after a few minutes. You can perform the following Step 3 in parallel while waiting.
1. The state Creating will change to Active, indicating that your DB System is ready to use. When the DB System is Active, click on the left "Endpoints" resources and check the Address to connect to the DB System.