Using MySQL Enterprise Workbench to write SQL statements against MDS
Assume that you wanted to access/write sql statements on MDS from MySQL Workbench Running on On-premises (Windows OS)
How? Below are steps you needed to follow.
To connect with MySQL Workbench ,you require below details handy :-
1. Installed MySQL Enterprise Workbench(preferred latest version) On-Premises.
2. Putty - https://www.putty.org/
3. Up & Running MDS on ORACLE CLOUD .
4. Up and Running Compute instance.
Note:- To download MySQL Enterprise Edition trail version by below links:-
How to Install MySQL Enterprise Edition on Windows? Below links will be helpful
Open MySQL Enterprise Workbench
SSH Hostname:- <Public IP Address of Compute Instance>
SSH Username:- <opc->default user name assigned when you create compute Instance>
SSH Key File:- You needed to generate key file from .PPK file by using PUTTY.
MySQL Host Name :- MDS IP address
MySQL Server Port :- 3306
MySQL User Name :- <give user name of MySQL database>
MySQL Password :- <give the password>*********
How to generate Key file?
What you need to do is:-
1. Open puttygen and click on Conversions àImport Keyà search for existing .ppk filesàupload it.-->Click on conversions àExport OpenSSH Keyà Save as opensshkey .
2. Then pass SSH Key File:- as opensshkey.
1. Test Connection with above parameters.